BuckIBoards’ Scoreboard / Drink Holder Directions. A low standing, V shaped score keeper with an area to hold drinks or other accessories.
- 2- 12” x 42” pieces ½” plywood
- Piano hinge 10-12” long
- 14- 1/8” x 3/8” wood screws
- 12” lengths chain
- 3/8” dowel pins
- 1” wood screws
- 1- 9” x 3 ¾” x ½” (back)
- 2- 6” x 3 3/8” x ½” (sides)
- 1- 9” x 3 3/8” x ½” (front)
- 1- 9” x 6 3/8” x ½” (base)
- Phillips bit
- 3/8” wood boring bit
- Tape measure
- Router with half round bit (optional)
- Paint/stain of your choosing
- Choose one of your 12” x 42” pieces of plywood as your front piece.
- Measure up from the bottom edge measure 5 ” making a mark across the plywood. This will be your “zero” line.
- Measure over from left and right sides 3” making marks on the “zero” line.
- Take your t-square and draw vertical lines at both of the 3” marks the lengths of the plywood.
- Starting at your ”zero” line measure up one of your vertical lines in 1 ½” increments. You will be making 21 marks in all.
- Repeat for 2nd vertical line.
- Using drill with 3/8” bit, drill a hole halfway through plywood at each of the marks made on the plywood.
- (optional step) Using half round bit, route all 4 sides of both pieces of plywood.
- Sand all four faces and edges of plywood.
- Prime/paint or stain as necessary.
Beverage Holder Instructions
- *Nail gun with 1” finish nails and wood glue used for assembly of beverage holder*
- Take side pieces and cut 17 degree angle off one end; making final measurements 6” x 3 3/8” top, 5” x 3 3/8” bottom. This angle allows beverage holder to sit level when scoreboard is in the open position.
- Glue and clamp side pieces to front piece. Nail together using finish nails
- Glue and clamp back piece to sides. Nail together using finish nails
- Turn upside down and attach base.
- Prime/paint or stain as necessary
- Lay both pieces of plywood face down and edge-to-edge width wise.
- Lay piano hinge on back side of front piece of plywood.
- Mark and pre drill screw holes.
- Fasten piano hinge to back side of front piece of plywood.
- Mark and pre drill piano hinge onto back piece of plywood.
- Fasten piano hinge to back piece of plywood.
- Fold scoreboard to ensure proper closure.
- Measure down 10” from top of back of scoreboard.
- Draw a line across board. Center beverage holder along that line.
- Attach beverage holder to back of scoreboard using 1” wood screws.
- Stand scoreboard up and open.
- Measure down 12-14” from the top of scoreboard.
- Place a small mark ½” in from both outer edges. Do this on both sides of front and back pieces.
- Using a 1/8” x 3/8” screw, fasten one end of chain to front of board. Then fasten chain to back piece of plywood.
- Repeat for other side of score board
DOWNLOAD & PRINT – (PDF) Wooden Scoreboard / Drink Holder
Design by Cornhole Game Players Forum member By BuckIBoards